Wow what an incredible day. "Working title" Del Pasqua was born at our house in Portland today at 1:07pm. The whole day was an awesome experience and Sandra was a star and will be starring in a new dance video in no time.
Here is quick pic I snapped of the little bean before being hypnotized by her sheer beauty for the rest of the day. I'll post a whole gallery of high res images in the next couple of days.
12 comments:
congratulations, to both of you, all of you, I'll add Francy and Koré in there too! The title couldn't have been more spot on... another wonderful woman in your life. also good for you for having her at home. All our love to both of you. Kama Fabio, Lukas and Noah.
Congratulations -- she's beautiful! Can't wait for more pictures and of course, the name.
What a georgeous baby!!! We're so happy for you guys. I still have tears in my eyes. Great job, Sandra. And you too, Kieran.
Congratulations!! We are so thrilled for you guys and look forward to more pictures of the wee one. She's a cutie!
Congratulations!!!THANK GOD - She doesn`t look like the Muldoon. Peter
Funny. One of my first thoughts after looking at this beautiful baby was one of mild disbelief -- my two year old baby cousin --the kid who had to be brought to the hospital after he stuck a red tic-tac he had found on the floor of my mother's car up his nose -- is a daddy! Oh, the fun ahead...
Wow!! I'm so in love. I talked to her on the phone last night. She has a most pleasant and gentle yowl. Sounds like Sandra was her usual self during the labor--determined, disciplined and focused. I hear it was a text book labor and they both sound utterly entranced.
Kieran and Sandra, I think you're both amazing and I'm so thrilled you had such a wonderful experience. I love you.
I get a DelGasplug look from that picture. She's a beauty.
Gasplug??? I think she is gorgeous, Fran.
Congratulations, and hoooray for the birthing at home. What wonderful courage. I am so hoping that we can see her soon and often, and thanks Kieran for promising lots of pix.
Oh Kieran... How beautiful she is. What fun you'll have. You were always so wonderful at playing. Max remembers Fuss & Gus with such delight. What's her name? Sooner or later, you'll have to commit. (She can always change it when she comes of age.)
Sandra and Kieran,
Kyra and I have been waiting for news....and when bored with waiting watched your video and belly-laughed periodically...
Kyra was EXACTLY this late, and only a few ounces bigger than "Working Title", and I remember the magic of her delivery (you remember the magic more when the memories of the pain ease). I am so happy you experienced this amazing event, too. Now the real fun begins. Well, in a few months it's really fun. For the next couple months it's about beating sleep deprivation. You made a HUMAN. How cool is that?? And she is going to be an amazing person because she's surrounded by the very best. We miss you. Kim and Kyra
So sorry about the DelGasplug comment. Leo used to sign his letters Lionel DelGasplug--take off on the name, get it? Would you think for one second that I was commenting on that gorgeous baby?? Just a bad joke. She does have strong DelPasqua looks though--although I guess Lithuania and all those countries Sandra's family are from have similar looks. She's a beauty.
Wow...another beautiful addition to our family! Great job Sandra & Kieran!! Im with Jaye, i have to pinch myself every once in a while to remind myself that we aren't the kids anymore...theres a new gang in town! I really can't wait for an occasion where we are all together and we can see this last generation interacting.
I also got to speak with Kieran shortly after Nadia (not working title anymore!) was born. He sounded so very completed, and more in love with his wife than ever. What a wonderful thing.
All things wonderful! Auntie Koré xox
Post a Comment