Sunday, November 29, 2009

Liberace

Uncle Peter sent us this picture and bio of the newest member of the 'Peter and the Boids" family:





This is Liberace. He is a Male Sun Conure, about 2 1/2 years old. He is fully flighted so that he can fly away from Luigi,Gracie and Lola when they try to "GET" him. I have had Liberace since 10/17/09. Originally, I had been told that the Bird was a Female, named `FIFI`; but a blood DNA test said that the Bird is a Male. He is very tame and likes fruit juice and peanuts after eating his pellet/seed food. I gave him Liberace`s Birthday (5/16). He is colored in various shades of Orange, Yellow, Green and Blue and reminded me of Liberace the piano player.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so pretty! Congratiolations Uncle Peter!

Kama said...

Beautiful! we want other pictures as well! Lukas and Noah want to know if thay can pet him !!
;) KAMA

Paul and Janis said...

Peter, As I said in my e-mail - Such a pretty, colorful bird. Do the birds get along. Do they recognize him as a different species. (the others are all African Greys, right?) You certainly have your hands full. Can't wait to see them.

Tara said...

I can't believe how colorful he is in the pictures. I can't imagine how bright he is in person (bird?).

Kieran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kieran said...

A blood test? I guess that makes sense as a well "endowed" parrot would not be that graceful in flight.

Sara said...

welcome to the family, Liberace! He's a handsome boid!