
I'll include a few more, about which I know nothing. Just that they're old pictures of old-looking people. Does anyone look familiar to any of you of the current -- ahem -- older generation?



I'll include a few more, about which I know nothing. Just that they're old pictures of old-looking people. Does anyone look familiar to any of you of the current -- ahem -- older generation?


5 comments:
they are great !!! I'd love to know who they are!
I'm guessing that the fourth photo from the top is of Sade (on the left) and was taken in front of an apartment building on Ocean Pkwy. The man in the middle might well be Frank Nallin but I don't remember what he looked like. If I'm right the date would be well after 1900 though because the Nallins didn't move to Brooklyn until the "kids" were young adults. All the photos, no matter who the subjucts might be, are worth staring at for a few minutes. One hundred years from now will people be chuckling at the photos we've taken?
They'll have to chuckle a lot considering how many photos we have.
Wow, Jaye, you are a sleuth. I'm sure I've gone through those pictures hundreds of times over the years and some of these I don't remember seeing.
1. I think the person in the top and bottom pictures is the same person, and may be Frank Nallin.
2. Great hat! This looks like a Tabert to me (maybe a Nallin) but it does have a European look so maybe a Tabert-Chauffer (sp). Or else he's a leprecaun.
3. Could that be Jim Dougherty on the far right? (Toot's husband)
4. Yes, that's definitely Sade, probably Frank Nallin and I think that's Anna Brown Murphy (Ed's mother) on the right. I don't know if Anna was still around when Ed and Viv got married. Isn't there a wedding dinner picture somewhere? Might help solve this. Looks like a wedding picture to me.
5. I think these are just pals. It's possible the the woman in the centre back is Toots. She's usually more animated in pictures so I'm not sure.
Thanks to the archivist!!
Francy (anonymous cause I seem to have forgotten my password--or else google has)
Teddy and Pop were here the other night, and they were able to shed some light on these and other pictures -- I'll post the wedding one soon.
So cool what unfolding here. Good family brainstorm, keep it coming! Thanks.
Post a Comment